Decorate your home with a fun applique before the Easter bunny arrives.
- Rabbit template
- ½ meter Easter themed cotton
- Fat quarter White cotton
- 30cm Zipper
- White Pom-pom
- Co-ordinating threads
- Fusible Web
- 30cm of 5mm ribbon
- Fabric glue
- 41cm x 41cm Cushion
- Tear away
- Sewing Machine
- Using the fusible web, trace the Rabbit template onto the paper side of the fusible web. Roughly cut out shape.
- Iron fusible web onto the wrong side of the white fabric, and cut Rabbit out on traced line.
- Cut out (2) 41cm x 41xcm squares from the Easter fabric.
- Remove paper backing, and carefully place the Rabbit in the center of one square and iron in place.
- NOTE: If you have a directional print, makes sure the print is going the right direction, before ironing on the Rabbit.
- Place the square of tearaway underneath rabbit and pin in place on outside edges
- Thread machine and select a decorative stitch. Using the Stylist 9100, I choose stitch 59, although any decorative stitch can be used.
HINT: It is easiest to have a decorative stitch that stitches in a forward motion, not one that stitches in a backwards motion.
- Sew completely around the Rabbit, pivoting at all corners.
- Remove excess tearaway form back of cushion front.
- Glue the pom-pom onto the tail using the fabric glue.
- Glue a small amount of ribbon around the Rabbit’s neck. Use remaining ribbon to make a bow, and glue in place. Trim bow tails accordingly.
- Insert one side of the zipper to the bottom edge of the Bunny cushion top, right sides together.
- Repeat for the second square, ensuring if it is a directional print, it is going the correct way.
- Open zipper approx. 10 cm. Align the two squares of together, right side together and pin on remaining three sides.
- Sew around all three sides of the cushion using a straight stitch with a seam allowance of 1cm. Pivot at each corner. Trim Corners
- Overcast along the edges of the seam allowance to prevent the fabric form fraying.
- Open zipper and turn cushion right sides out. Press cushion top.
- Finish by inserting your cushion insert and zip up the zipper.