Fastening the Buttonhole Presser Foot:
- Remove the presser foot from the shank.
- Center the pin in the presser foot under the shank.
- Press the Presser Foor and screw down firmly until the shank snaps into place.
Setting the Length of the Buttonhole:
- Pull the Buttonhole lever straight down as far as it will go.
- Press it toward you.
- Place the button against the lever and slide the clamp back until it touches.
- Center the red guidelines of the foot around the beginning line.
- Lower the presser foot.
- Start running the machine.
- The entire buttonhole will be sewn in one operation
- Stop sewing when the leg starts overlapping the bartack.
- Raise the presser foot.
- Remove the fabric from the machine.
- Clip the loose thread ends; cut the buttonhole opening with scissors or a seam ripper.
- Push the buttonhole leever back up into the machine.
- If two stitching sides of a buttonhole are unequal, more stitch balance lever to adjust.
- If the right side is too open, move the stitch balance lever slightly to the right.
- If the left side is too open, move the stitch balance lever slightly to the left.
Mechanical Buttonhole VIDEO
Electronic Buttonhole VIDEO
Electronic Buttonhole with Underplate VIDEO