Sew up some candy heart cushions for Valentine’s Day. This cushion is super easy to make, you will find it hard to stop at one!
- Half metre fabric per cushion.
- Tear-away stabilizer
- Embroidery thread
- Coordinating all-purpose thread
- Hobby Fill. (amount will depend on how full you want the cushions.)
- Hand sewing needle
- Cushion shape Template
Instructions are for the Singer Quantum Stylist EM200 Embroidery machine. Will also suit the Legacy SE300 Sewing and Embroidery machine.
- Cut the half metre fabric in half and place it in the large hoop. Ensure that the fabric is taut.
- Place tear-away under the hoop.
- Clip the hoop into position on the machine.
- Select the “A” icon on the screen
- Select the 15 Size font. If you wish to make your writing larger you can do so.
- Type out the first word of your chosen phrase. Some phrase examples could be “I Love You, Hug Me, You and Me”.
- Press the “rotating arrows” symbol and rotate text to 90°.
- Adjust the X axis to 50 for the first word you will be embroidering out.
- Press the Start/Pause button when you are happy with the positioning on the preview screen. Follow the prompts on the machine until finished.
- Repeat steps 5 – 7 on the next word. Change the X axis to 30 and then 10 for the third word for the words to be spaced out nicely.
- Once you have completed the embroidery onto the fabric. Remove the fabric from the hoop. Carefully remove the tear-away from the back of the fabric.
- Cut out the heart template. Fold the embroidered fabric in half vertically, ensuring that the embroidery is in the centre of the fold. Align the template and pin into place.
- Repeat step 11 to cut out a second heart (back of cushion).
- Place the two pieces of fabric together right sides facing in and pin.
- Sew around the heart with a straight stitch, using a 1/4” Inch seam allowance. Leave an opening on one of the straight sides of the heart for turning.
- Clip around the curves with scissors at roughly 1cm intervals.
- Turn the right way out. Use a ruler or pen to push out the corners.
- Stuff the pillow with the hobby fill until you are happy with the shape and firmness of the pillow.
- Slip stitch the opening up with a hand sewing needle.
Your Candy Heart Cushion is now complete!