Do you have your favourite pair of gym pants? Why not make more!
- 1.5m of stretch cotton lycra
- Co-ordinating thread x 4
- Sewing machine
- 3cm thick elastic
- Following the steps in “Drafting your own Patterns Part 1” draft up the patterns needed for your gym pants.
- Cut out all pieces on your cotton lycra. Identifying your front, back center and pocket pieces.
- Pin Pocket bind around the edge of pocket. Overlock together.
- Fold bind over to other side. Tuck in exposed edge and pin.
- Using your sewing machine, Stitch bind down.
- Pin side piece over the pocket piece. Using your sewing machines stretch stitch function. Stitch together. Repeat for both sides.
- Pin front and side panel together. Overlock together.
- Pin back panel and side panel together. Overlock together.
- Repeat step 5 & 6 for other leg.
- Pin front and back crotch seams together. Overlock seams.
- Turn pants right way. Pin inner crotch seam and overlock
- Fold hem up 3-5 cm. fold waste down 3-5 cm leaving a 3cm gap for elastic. Stitch on your sewing machine using the stretch stitch function.
- Using safety pin, thread elastic through waistband.
- Pin edges of elastic. Using your sewing machine stitch elastic together.
- On your sewing machine, Stitch gap in waistband shut.