Liven up your living room with some super cute pillow covers using some old shirts and appliqué!
- Old shirt or shirts
- Pillowcase and pillow insert
- Co-orindating thread
- Sewing machine
- Seam ripper
- AccuQuilt GO! Cutter
- Owl Die (AQ55333)
- Owl accessory die (AQ55675)
- Iron on adhesive appliqué sheet (20cm x 20cm)
- Place your shirt flat on a table or hard surface.
- Using your existing pillowcase position the case on top of your shirt until you are happy with the placement. We used the buttons as the closure for the back.
- (Optional) Using chalk, trace your pillowcase onto the shirt.
- Cut out around the pillowcase or chalk lines.
- Using your seam ripper, remove the remaining pockets.
- Using your other shirts, place them on top of the die and send through cutter.
- Iron your owl pieces onto your applique sheet. Ensuring that the correct side is facing up and the wrong side is being ironed.
- Cut excess applique sheet around your owl pieces.
- Remove backing and place on top of a pillow on the side without the buttons. When happy with the placement, iron to keep it in place.
- Set your machine up for satin stitch, trace your owl to secure it to the fabric.
- On button side, stitch layers shut about 4.5cm in from the seam allowance, stitching the entire width of the button placket.
- Place layers right sides together, ensuring that buttons are going horizontal and the owl is vertical. Stitch around the outside of the square pillow.
- Clip corners.
- Overlock and turn pillowcase out and insert your pillow.