Keep your space and equipment clean with this easy cosmetic storage, perfect for travelling.
- Old towels, 1 x hand towel, 4 x face washers
- Hook and loop Velcro 20cm
- Coordinating thread
- Sewing machine
- 25mm Bias Binding white x 1m
- Using two face washers, place one 2/3 on top of the other. Pin across base.
- Sew along base, where pins were placed.
- Flip towel over.
- Fold 1/3 of the overhanging washer up and pin the sides.
- Very carefully stitch down both sides of all layers. Note: you may need to stitch the inner part of the towel, not the binding.
- Gently fold back the pocket of tier 1 (base) of the washer, pin through remaining 2 layers. (In between the top and middle layer to create a base of the middle layer.)
- Following pins, stitch through layers. This will act as a stopper, allowing the brushes to be easily accessed from tier 2 and not fall through.
- Divide your towel up into sections to fit the brushes (e.g. 5 cm apart) by pinning, this will be the brush sections. Only pin the bottom two tiers.
- Once happy, sew down lines vertically by following pins.
- Repeat until all sections have been sewn.
Eye Shadow Pocket:
- Place remaining two face washer towels directly on top of each other.
- Leave the thicker bind as the opening, stitch around remaining three sides.
- Place loop Velcro on the base of the pocket, pin and stitch into place.
- Repeat for hook Velcro on top side.
- Place hand towel down on the bench. Place the brush holder on left-hand side, ensuring the tops of both towels are level with each other. Pin into place.
- Fold back tier 1 and 2, sewing down the side to attach brush holder to hand towel.
- Fold and pin your bias binding in half, width ways.
- Sew layers together on the bias binding.
- Once sewn, cut in half.
- Fold back brush holder, pin and stitch Bias binding to hand towel.
- Place eye shadow pocket on right-hand side. Pin around.
- Before sewing, thread the other length of bias binding between layers.
- Stitch a rectangle around Velcro to secure all sides and bias binding.
- Secure ends of bias binding. Double fold and stitch. Repeat for remaining bias binding.